|The Black God|
|Monster Type||Pseudo Wyvern|
|First Appearance||Monster Hunter Freedom 2|
 About the Akantor
The Akantor or Akumu in the Japanese version of the game is a huge lava dwelling wyvern that is new to the guild. The Akantor resides in the volcanic belt in the specific battleground. The final quest in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) is to slay this monster. The Akantor is so huge that it can be seen in a Gallery video throwing a Gravios to the ground. The plates on it's back protect it from heat and most weapons. Standing on 4 legs somewhat similar to the Tigrex, the Akantor can lumber about destroying anything in it's path. Also known as the Final Boss of the game and in some places it is refered to as demon.
- The Akantor is primarily weak to the Dragon element.
- Popular methods of beating Akantor include attacking his back leg to trip him regularly, using a Hammer to knock him out, or using a Gunlance and being cautious.
- Akantor can be blinded by flashbombs, but only for a very short time - just enough to heal or sharpen.
- When at around 30% health, the Akantor's Tail can be cut off and yields two carves.
- Throwing a Sonic Bomb at it's mouth while it's roaring(Wind Tunnel),will stun it for a few seconds
- The Akantor gives a total of 6 carves (4 from the Torso and 2 from the Tail)
- In Monster Hunter Freedom Unite/2G, Akantor appears as the final quest in the offline section of the game.
- An 'Ice Akantor' known as Ukanlos is the last monster in Unite/2G!
<tagimport tag="akantor" />
Related ThreadsGuide for Akantor - 100% Done! EDIT: Great Sword Guide, Pictures of attacks, armor and weapons - last post @ Jul 22, 2012
Akantor Farming? - last post by @ May 15, 2010
what will happen if i killed the akantor in village chief - last post @ May 22, 2012
Akantor Horn or Akantor blades? - last post by @ Feb 16, 2009
Wheres Akantor? - last post by @ Dec 20, 2008