There are some items that can only be created through the dark arts of Alchemy! To obtain the Alchemy skill you must either have it as an armor skill (5 x Secret Arts Jewel will let you gem the skill in), or carry the Alchemy Book in your inventory. Some items created through Alchemy require account items to create, and as such must be made during a quest. The book of Alchemy can be obtained by finishing the Alchemy section of you combination list.
 Alchemy Items
The following items can be made through the art of Alchemy:
- Honey = Firefly + Special Mushroom.
- Herb = Sap Plant + Insect Husk.
- Fire Herb = Garbage + Hot Pepper.
- Blue Mushroom = Toadstool + Antidote Herb.
- Raw Meat = Burnt Meat + Insect Husk.
- Large Barrel = Ivy + Medium Monster Bone.
- Small Barrel = Sap Plant + Small Monster Bone.
- 5 x Huskberry = Huktberry+ Iron Ore.
- 5 x Needleberry = Needleberry + Earth Crystal.
- Sushifish = Antidote Herb + Sleepyfish.
- Rare Steak = Thunderbug + Velociprey Hide.
- Screamer = Frog + Flute.
- Monster Fluid = Ice Crystal + Sleep Sac.
- Psychoserum = Cactus Flower + Thunderbug.
- Power Extract = Dragon Seed + Piscine Liver.
- Power Seed = Bomberry + Velociprey Hide.
- Armor Seed = Needleberry + Giaprey Hide.
- Rare Fish = Burnt Fish + Sunset Herb.
So, if you fancy being able to obtain Power Extract without farming Gypceros, or being able to make extra Large Barrels to create more Barrel Bombs, then maybe you should consider giving the Alchemy skill a try!
Related ThreadsAlchemy in MHP3 - last post by @ Feb 1, 2011
Alchemy Book - last post by @ Nov 21, 2006
Need Help with Alchemy - last post by @ Mar 14, 2012
Alchemy ?? - last post by @ Oct 8, 2007
Alchemy Sets - last post by @ Jan 1, 2007