|The raging boar.|
Forest and Hills
|First Appearance:||Monster Hunter|
|Appears In:||Monster Hunter|
Monster Hunter 2
Monster Hunter Freedom
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Bullfango is a very aggressive Primatius beast that resembles a boar and is related to the Mosswine. It first appeared in Monster Hunter for the PS2 and has appeared in every game since excluding Monster Hunter 3.
They have an alpha male, also known as the Bulldrome.
In Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, Bullfango spawn from out of the ground. This suggests that Bullfangos will burrow underground when fleeing or hiding, as well as a method of sleeping and regulating body temperature.
 General Information
Official Guild Entry: "A large wild boar. Foul tempered, they will charge hunters on sight. They are aggressive and powerful, so beware! They are often hunted for their meat, which many hunters find delicious."
Appearance: Sharp and deadly tusks jut out from the Bullfangos facial area. They have fairly thin legs, and small ears that can be seen a little away from the thick black hair on its back. Bullfangos have an equally small triangular tail and are tinted a grayish-brown color in the face. The grayness of the front transitions into a solid brown color and then becomes a very light shade on its stomach.
Nature: Extremely aggressive, Bullfangos will attack the hunter on-sight.
Bullfangos are deadly for people new to the series. It's not necessarily the damage that gets you, but rather how the Bullfangos charge can make you tumble across the area and make a gateway for another Bullfango to attack. They are truly deadly in groups.
When a Bullfango is first seen it will be sniffing the area, unaware of your presence. One it sees you it will move it's front right hoof and scrape it against the ground a few times, signaling its about to charge, similar to a bull. Bullfangos charges can follow you if you're slow enough, but they're relatively easy to dodge from a long distance away, simply roll. When this monster is close by it can be a tad harder to maneuver so you should be cautious.
If you are really close to it the Bullfango might just "mini-charge" you and get you out of the way instead of a full blown charge. Either way the Bullfango only has two moves in its moveset.
Bullfangos are seen as the most annoying non-boss monster in the entire game. If present they will charge at you during a fight and send you flying across the area in most cases, when the player is distracted. This gives the boss-monster plenty of time to position itself for an attack. It is recommended that when entering an area Bullfango-infested you kill all of them.
 Hunter's Tips
- Bullfangos can come in two forms on some quests, the big and little version. The bigger version takes more hit to kill and does more damage.
- They are deadly in groups and are even deadlier with their alpha-male, the Bulldrome.
- Their weakness is fire despite them being seen in volcanic zones.
- Recommended Weapons
- Green Sharpness or above will be good for this monster, although their face can make a weapon bounce because of the tusks if it isn't sharp enough. Fire element can help significantly.
You can carve Bullfango's one time. There are no exclusive G-rank carves (MHFU only) for this monster and it has the same carves for both high and low rank.
 Low/High Rank/G Rank
| Raw Meat|
- Large Bullfangos are sometimes mistaken for Bulldromes, you can tell them apart by looking at the gray hair on their back and face. This may mean that these Bullfangos are maturing and are almost a Bulldrome.
- They are the most irratating monsters ever they will charge at you if you're in their sight -BEWARE OF THEIR HERDS-.
- They have a moderate amount of health
Related ThreadsBullfango size - last post by @ Sep 16, 2009
Gold Crown Bullfango - last post by @ Oct 10, 2007
Please Help Guys~ Where do i find a Bullfango? - last post by @ Mar 19, 2008
Bullfango Pelts - last post @ Apr 15, 2010
A bullfango *Almost* saved me - last post @ Sep 14, 2013