|Defender in the Desert|
|First Appearance||Monster Hunter Freedom 2|
The Daimyo Hermitaur is a large, reddish Carapaceon, with the shell of a Monoblos Skull to protect itself. It mainly lives in the Jungle or Desert (Areas mainly with sand), and has many ways of protecting itself. It can shield it's body with it's large claws and hard outer shell, or become submerged beneath the earth's surface, waiting to attack. Whilst being quite tough, it is also quite fast. A colour variation of the Daimyo Hermitaur mainly appears in the Desert, and sports a vibrant purple colour. This variant also uses a Diablos skull as its shell rather than a Monoblos skull as its shell.
- When Daimyo raises its Claws to its face and goes into guard mode, you can make it collapse by throwing Sonic Bombs at it.
- After eating, the Daimyo often drops a shiny, so keep an eye out for them!
- Daimyo's shell can be broken if the hunter inflicts enough damage on the area. If broken twice, it yields a Blood Red Horn
- In Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, the Daimyo has a new move, a charge with it's shell facing your direction at a very fast speed. The color variant also has a type of charge move similar to this one.
- The Daimyo Hermitaur is weak to thunder and fire (thunder more than fire). Keep this in mind when choosing a weapon to fight the Carapaceon.
- It will start to breath heavily and foam purple bubbles at its mouth when near death.
- I dont know for sure but I think if you break the shell/skull on its back then you might get a blood red horn! :)
note no confermed thanks
 Plum Daimyo Hermitaur
- The Plum Hermitaur is a new colour variation of the Daimyo Hermitaur that lives exclusively in the Desert zone. It has a Diablos skull as a shell, and is weak to Ice element.
- The Plum Hermitaur is able to spit water at long range, and has a nasty reverse charge attack if you try to attack it from behind.
- It should be noted that just like the standard version, the Plum Daimyo Hermitaur's guard can be broken with well-timed Sonic Bombs.
- You can break the Plum Hermitaur's shell twice, it normally gets you a Diablos item in rewards and is easily broken with a Hammer. You can also break both Claws.
- When the Plum Hermitaur is weak, it makes a gurgling sound and purple bubbles will foam around the mouth area.
- Take note that Plum Hermitaur has a very fast back charge that could knock down any hunter that underestimate it by attacking its back.
Related Threads"Daimyo Hermitaur" Guide & Faq - last post by @ Aug 31, 2010
Daimyo Hermitaur: A mini-guide for newbies, by Monster Hunter F - last post by @ Apr 17, 2012
HR 4 daimyo hermitaur, hardest thing ever. - last post by @ Aug 20, 2009
daimyo hermitaur - last post by @ Aug 9, 2008
Daimyo Hermitaur - last post by @ Mar 5, 2008