Raw meat is a raw material obtained through carving a herbivorous monster or through some quests (e.g. group training quests). It is most often used to create steaks which, when consumed, restore the character's stamina. However,Raw Meat can also be used as bait for larger monsters.
 General information
Raw meat can be turned into a range of steaks, which when consumed, restore stamina lost through cold/time or stack additional stamina points onto the existing ones. There are different ways in which raw meat is turned into these steaks.
- BBQ spit:
- The BBQ spit is the first way of turning raw meat into edible steaks that a hunter will encounter. This is done by using the BBQ spit item whilst on a quest and pressing x at a certain point, which will reuslt in either a burnt, rare, well-done or gourmet steak.
- Felyne chefs:
- Felyne chefs are another way in which raw meat is turned into steaks. In the felyne kitchen, raw meat is given at the kitchen board and cooked during a single quest. Depending on the level of the felyne chef, the product will be either burnt, rare, well-done or gourmet steak.
- Some quests offer cooked meat as a reward, however this is a highly inneficient way of obtaining it.
 Stamina restoration
As pointed out earlier, the primary use of raw meat is stamina restoration. Depending on the type of cooked meat, different amounts of stamina will be restored.
- Burnt steak:
- Burnt steaks are raw meat burnt as a result of delay in pressing the x button when using a BBQ spit or a low level of the felyne chef cooking the meat. Burnt steaks can either increase or deplete stamina by 25 points
- Rare steak:
- Rare Steaks are the result of pressing the X Button too early when you're using the BBQ Spit to cook a Raw Meat,it can also be the result of a low level Felyne Chef.Rare Steaks add 25 points of Stamina.
- Well-Done steak:
- Well Done Steaks are the result of a pressing the X Button at the Right Time when cooking a Raw Meat with the BBQ Spit,it can also be the result of an Average Level Felyne Chef's cooking.Well Done Steaks add 50 Points of Stamina.
- Gourmet steak:
- Gourmet Steaks are created when you press the X Button at the Perfect time when using the BBQ Spit to cook a raw meat,it can also be created by telling a High Leveled Felyne Chef to cook a raw meat.Gourmet Steaks add 75 Points of Stamina
Raw Meat can also be used as bait to distract certain Monsters. It can also be combined with several materials to make the meat inflict a status effect on the monster that ate it. There are several kinds of "Bait Meats"
- Drugged Meat:
- When the Monster eats it,it'll fall asleep. Drugged meat is made by combining sleep herb and raw meat.
- Poisoned Meat:
- When the Monster eats it,it'll be poisoned. Poisoned meat is made by combining toadstool and raw meat.
- Tainted Meat:
- When the Monster eats it,it'll be paralysed. Tainted meat is made by combining parashroom with raw meat.
 Additional uses
In addition to the above, well-done steaks created with raw meat can be combined with ice crystals to create cold meat, which increases stamina by 25 points and has the same effect as a cold drink, or hot pepper, which results in hot meat which adds 25 points of stamina and acts like a hot drink.
Related Threads[Quest] Finding Raw Meat - last post by @ Sep 9, 2006
How come the old lady does not have any raw meat or flashbombs - last post by @ Aug 24, 2009
how to get raw meat..? - last post by @ Feb 9, 2009
Granny's raw meats - last post by @ Nov 28, 2009
Meat problems - last post by @ Feb 4, 2005