Sharpness+1 is probably the most important and influential skill to acquire if you are a Blademaster in the world of Monster Hunter.
If you manage to activate Sharpness+1, it will visibly improve the Sharpness of melee weapons. In general, this results in your Sharpness level changing color (example green --> blue), which increases both your damage output and your ability to penetrate the tough hides of Monsters.
When using Dual Swords, Sharpness+1 is almost essential due to the classes huge reliance on a constantly high level of Sharpness.
 How To Activate Sharpness+1
In order to activate Sharpness+1, you need to accumulate ten Artisan skillpoints. It should be noted that there is only one level to this skill, so accumulating more than the recquired ten points will not change the effect.
You can gather Artisan skillpoints by decorating your Armor with the following gems:
- Artisan Jewel - 1 slot - (Artisan+1, Potential-1)
- Master Jewel - 3 slots - (Artisan+4, Potential-2)
Some Armor sets are already geared towards giving you Sharpness+1, these sets include the following:
- Ceanataur Mail (Low Rank Shogun Ceanataur)
- Black Belt Mail
- Monodevil Mail (Low Rank White Monoblos)
- Ceanataur Mail S (High Rank Shogun Ceanataur
- Golden Haori (High Rank Rajang)
- Dark Akantor Aegis (Akantor)
- Monodevil Mail U (High Rank White Monoblos)
- Fatalis Hide (High Rank Crimson Fatalis)
- White Fatalis Hide (High Rank White Fatalis)
- Ceanataur Mail Z (G Rank Terra Shogun Ceanataur)
- Golden Haori Shin (G Rank Rajang)
- Black Belt Mail X
- Dark Ukanlos Aegis (Ukanlos)
- Fatalis Hide Z (G Rank Crimson Fatalis)
Related Threadsdo you kno when you sharpness isnt enough and it bounces off, does it still do damage - last post by @ Sep 20, 2007
good high sharpness weapon - last post by @ Apr 3, 2010
Would it make more sense to substitute sharpness on some weapons? - last post by @ Jun 27, 2008
Akantor Katana and Sharpness - last post by @ Jun 1, 2009
Sharpness or Affinity? - last post by @ Feb 13, 2010