Shinies are items that are sometimes dropped by monsters in a state of panic, pain, or confusion. When you pick up a Shiny it will provide you with one of the following items:
- Wyvern Tears (low rank and worth 500 Pokke Points).
- Wyvern Sobs (high and G rank and worth 2500 Pokke Points).
- A material from the monster you are fighting.
It should be noted that there is a small chance of a shiny being an extremely rare item, such as a Rathalos Ruby or a Heavenly Scale. This gives having a good knowledge of obtaining Shinies an added incentive; picking up a Heavenly Scale is pretty rewarding!
- If you use the Felyne Scavenger skill, a monster will always drop a Shiny when you perform the appropriate action!
- It should be noted that a monster will only ever drop one Shiny per quest.
- High and G rank Gypceros' are exclusive in terms of Shineys, as you have to carve your item from them when they feign death.
 How To Get Them
- Yian Kut-Ku - Stun it with Sonic Bombs.
- Rathalos - Make it fall from the sky (try a Flash Bomb).
- Rathian - Get her caught in a Trap.
- Hypnocatrice - Make it fall asleep.
- Basarios - Wake it up and make it emerge from the ground.
- Shogun Ceanataur and Daimyo Hermitaur - Let them stop and do the eating animation.
- Diablos and Monoblos - Make them get their Horns stuck in a Wall.
- Tigrex - Make it get its fangs stuck in a Wall.
- Nargacuga - Throw Sonic Bombs when it is targeting you (known as the Prowler Stance).
- Cephadrome - Shock it out of the ground.
Related ThreadsShiny sparkles when hit....? - last post by @ May 5, 2008
Shiny problem. - last post by @ Dec 31, 2007
Silver Los shiny - last post by @ Oct 28, 2010