|Monster Type||Bird Wyvern|
|Habitats||Forest and Hills|
|First Appearance||Monster Hunter|
 General Information
- Official Guild Entry
- Aggressive, carnivorous monsters that often travel in packs. Even a master hunter should take care not to become surrounded! Wide ranging, they are found in many different areas, such as the jungle or forest and hills.
- Blue scales with light red stripes and a fanged snout with a small crest set this small Bird Wyvern apart from its kin. It has seven claws on each hand and a large talon on one of its toes on each foot.
- Pack hunters that follow the lead of a Velocidrome, they'll attack anything they think is prey, including larger predators.
- Velociprey inhabit most of the world's ecosystems, ranging from the temperate Forest and Hills, to the humid Jungles to the dank Swamps.
- Attack Patterns
- Velociprey will attack whether alone with their claws, talons and fangs. Their impressive leap is their strongest attack, though in groups, many will surround prey and snap at them.
- Not particularly strong by any standard, even a beginning hunter can slay a velociprey, no known spot on their body is stronger or weaker than others.
- Velocprey packs are known to cause trouble for novice hunters, and as luck would have it, they're one of the first carnivorous beasts a hunter will face.
 Hunter's Tips
- Suggested Weapons
- Anything, the most basic weapons will do for slaying one of these. Eventually a hunter should be able so slay these beasts in one swing.
Related ThreadsWhite Velociprey Hide and White Velociprey Scales - last post by @ Jul 22, 2010
Velociprey event quest. - last post by @ Mar 13, 2005
Velociprey and Rathian - last post by @ Dec 6, 2008
STUPID VELOCIPREY!!! - last post by @ Mar 12, 2008
Velociprey Skin Armor - last post @ May 26, 2010